Thursday, July 14, 2011

Letter of the week - E



I am really enjoying incorporating the letter of the week into our daily lives. On Monday we learned that E was for Egg. So what else would I make for breakfast other than scrambled eggs? Dad enjoyed showing ducky all the different parts of an egg and letting her whisk them around.

We also talked about ears starting with the letter E. We talked about how God wants us to listen to ( and obey) Mommy and Daddy.


And one of my favorite days was when we took a trip to the zoo. There was a new baby elephant born recently. Since we were learning that E is for elephant (and I really wanted to see the baby) we made an impromptu visit to the zoo.

Some of the books we read this week:




Some pictures I took to showcase our week:

Baby Lucas ( The Elephant )



I picked up a box of a bunch of magnetic letters at a garage sale for a $1 to add to the 2 sets we already had. I hid all the letter E's in a bin of mixed dried beans that I had lying around, and Ducky used her hands to go searching for the letters. At first she was scared and didn't want to put her hands in but after attempting the activity she ended up loving it and asked me to hide them again.
I really liked this and I think we will use this idea again for future letters.


Ducky requested that we paint this week. So this week we painted.

Some of the books we read this week were:



The newest ASL words that Ducky learned:

Elephant
Ear
Egg

No comments:

Post a Comment